Tuesday 21 January 2014

Wings | Inspired by Love Songs Collection: Part 1

One of my favourite things about music is that we can all relate to songs in one way or another. When I'm down and in need of some "wallowing", I like to drown myself in a sea of melancholic tunes. It's a cathartic experience.

This first post in the Inspired by Love Songs collection is based on one of my recent favourites - Wings, by Birdy. At the young age of 17, Birdy's voice is lilting and mellifluous, the lyrics wistful and yearning, and the melody soaring and evocative.

Here's a bracelet inspired by this lovely tune.
 A diamond link flanked by wing charms and crystal bicones, ending with an antique silver-plated heart toggle.


Lights go down
In the moment we’re lost and found
I just wanna be by your side
If these wings could fly

The lyrics of this song suggest that the writer is reminiscing about a certain time in his/her life and wishes for time to be suspended in that moment, with that special someone. I deliberately kept the bracelet simple and elegant, to reflect that quality of timelessness.  
Item Code & Name: 167 Wings
Price: RM15.00
Status: [Sold], Available for remakes
Materials: Crystal Bicones, Wing Charms, Diamond Link, Heart Toggle Clasp
Measurements: Approximately 17cm (including clasp)

 Here be the beautiful song. Give it a listen:

If you'd like to purchase this or anything featured on this site, please email me at

Thank you and good night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment