Sunday 6 July 2014

Jars of Clay - Collection Masterpost

I know it's only been a short while since the last collection, but this collection I am pretty excited about!

Here, have a lovely, colourful graphic that I snitched off the vast intrawebs!


As the name Jars of Clay suggests - this collection involves clay! No, I have not gone off the deep end and decided to switch careers and change to a life of pottery. This collection is not a collection of colourful jars. I have not moulded clay in my life and do not intend to start. 

HOWEVER,
This collection does include handmade clay creations - featuring a variety of clay beads and a variety of polymer clay charms. I did not handmake these clay beads and charms - I merely bought them off much more creative people, mixed them up with some beads and crystals of my own and voila - they are Dainty Little Trinkets ready for the taking. :D

There are 2 distinct parts for this collection - the first part involving clay beads made by the Lun Bawang people from Sarawak - each bead meticuolously handcrafted from clay, handpainted and fired in a kiln; the second part involving polymer clay charms handmade by a local artisan - in soft pastel or bright and cheery colours. 

The first post will begin on Tuesday. :)

Part 1: Porcelain
Part 2: Periwinkle
Part 4: Purple Storm
Part 7: Lil' Shroom

Polymer clay beads have featured on this site before - in the form of these gorgeous polymer clay roses, as seen here and here. These roses won't be making an appearance in this particular collection, but if you're interested, feel free to email me to customise something to suit your tastes!



I'll leave you with a song from Jars of Clay, which dates back to the days of my youth. 




No comments:

Post a Comment