Sunday 2 November 2014

Nebula - Customised

Continuing in a series of posts for the necklaces that I've customised for Felicia, this one is my favourite of the lot. 

Now, those who know me (or those who've read my ramblings enough to know an approximation of me) will know that I have rather simple, uniform taste. The trinkets I design are rarely out of the box - the designs are tried and true, usually symmetrical, and even if asymmetrical, usually only to a certain degree. So when a customer comes along and challenges that need for order, it is both an exciting and nerve-wracking experience. Such was my experience with Felicia, who throughout the course of customisation had to gently ask me to "be random". Hahaha! 

I can certainly be random with my ramblings... not so much with my accessories! So this has been a good challenge out of my comfort zone. :)

Here is Nebula, named for the interstellar inspiration for this necklace, with the random beads and links reminding me of a galaxy of weird and wonderful constellations. What am I talking bout? I'll let the pictures do the talking!


The double-chain returns, with random links and beads of white, black and silver connected to each other like different planets and constellations in a vast galaxy. 
 Pictured here are some of the beads and links - a diagonal celtic square bead, white and black pearls with gold swirls connected to a square filigree, a jet black helix crystal, a white-striped round acrylic bead, and a diamond link.


Item Code & Name: 304 Nebula (Customised)
Price: RM34.00
Status: [Sold], Available for Remakes
Materials: White Shell Beads, White and Black Faux Pearls with Gold Swirls, White-Striped Round Acrylic Bead, Jet Black Helix Crystal, Square Filigree Link, Celtic Heart Bead, Chinese Knot Link, Diamond Link
Measurements: Inner Chain = Approximately 63.5cm (including clasp), Outer Chain = Approximately 72cm (including clasp)

Hope you like the randomness of this creation!
If you like double-chained trinkets, check out more here
If you like asymmetrical, random stuff, check out more here
If you like this and would like to order a remake, email me at
daintylittletrinkets@gmail.com

BTW, can't wait for Christopher Nolan's Interstellar movie. Also, this serves as a shoutout to Karen Gillan's chilling portrayal of Nebula in Guardians of the Galaxy. 

Good night, and have a great week ahead, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment