Thursday 6 November 2014

Jonquil - Customised

Thursday!

Just a day till the weekend - hang in there! I don't know about you, but there was a torrential downpour this evening, leading to a traffic jam of epic proportions. That said, I am thankful to be home and under a roof, listening to the gentle pitter-patter of the light drizzle outside.

The title of this post - Jonquil - is a word that I have only just recently learned. Oddly enough, I learned it while on one of my first few bead-shopping binges! Swarovski crystals have a variety of gorgeous colours, some of them very whimsically named (which I can super-identify with, haha). One such hue was Jonquil, and it was a beautiful yellow colour. I have since found out that it is also the name of the small fragrant yellow flower we know more commonly as daffodils! That's some horticultural knowledge for you. (My blog is totally educational, haha!)

Here's the last necklace that I customised for Felicia, named Jonquil for the lone yellow flower appearing in a sea of white:


 A yellow dahlia (let's pretend it's a daffodil) on an intricate round filigree, followed by different white beads linked to each other - a round shell bead, ivory faux pearls, a white faux pearl with gold swirls, a white opal chinese crystal doughnut, and a square filigree.
 I love the random appearance of the filigrees in this necklace. They're really quite intricate and beautiful.


Item Code & Name: 306 Jonquil
Price: RM30.00
Status: [Sold], Available for Remakes
Materials: Yellow Dahlia Cabochon on a Round Filigree, Square Filigree, Ivory Faux Pearls, Round Shell Bead, White Faux Pearl with Gold Swirls, White Opal Chinese Crystal Doughnut
Measurements: Approximately 72cm (including clasp)

Alrighty!

Other yellow items can be found here!

If you like the series of necklaces that I've customised for Felicia, do check out other customised items (here!) or email me to customise something for yourself!

daintylittletrinkets@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment