Tuesday 22 October 2013

Noir

I am the terror that flaps in the night...
I am...
Dark Wing Duck!

Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. 
So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. 
He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. 
A Dark Knight.

What do the two quotes above have in common? 
(Besides being there to fully illustrate the fact that I have lost ALL my marbles, that is)

They're both superheroes, of course. 
They're both dark and mysterious.
They also both lurk (or flap - they both flap) in the black of the night.

Which brings me to my point (worst segues in the history of segues) -- Noir, besides being a film genre, is also the French word for Black. Since black comprises half my wardrobe, I wanted to make myself a simple bracelet in black/silver tones - all dark and bleak and befitting my personality. :p Here it is:
 Jet black and silver-black chinese crystal doughnuts, an arrow heart charm, and two circle links
 The arrow and circle links (resembling targets) add to the Noir-ish vibe of this piece.
Item Code & Name: 103 Noir
Price: RM14.00
Status: Available for remakes
Materials: Jet Black and Silver-Black Chinese Crystal Doughnuts, Arrow Heart Charm, Circle Link, Toggle Clasp
Measurements: Approximately 15.5cm (including clasp) (Remakes can be adjusted to 17.5cm in length with the addition of two silver-black crystals)

Edited 4 Jul 2014 - this bracelet now comes with matching earrings. Click here! :)

If you'd fancy a remake, please email me at daintylittletrinkets@gmail.com

That's all for now.
I shall now turn on my heel and flap into the dark of the night
(like Batman / Dark Wing Duck / Severus Snape / a Vampire)

 - the end -

No comments:

Post a Comment