Sunday 20 October 2013

English Rain

Sunday's almost over. :(
Oh well, I shall be in denial for a little while longer (the later I sleep, the longer tomorrow takes to come, right?).

It is probably pretty obvious to my regular blog-visitors (hello, all 5 of you! haha) that I delight in naming my accessories. It's half the fun. This bracelet went through many name revisions, and I was so so tempted to call it something besides English Rain, but ultimately decided to stick with that because:
1. It sounds classier and somewhat whimsical
2. I'm in love with Gabrielle Aplin's so-titled debut album and everyone should listen to it
3. It somewhat fits the theme of the bracelet
4. The alternatives names were:
a. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
b. You Can Stand Under My Umbrella-ella-ella-eh-eh-eh

I promise there was a reason for those names (besides my neurosis, that is). It will become apparent when you look at the pictures of the bracelet below. Or I will explain it in my typically long-winded fashion so that the point will be drummed into your head ad nauseam. Or perhaps you've already skipped my ridiculously rambly and quite unnecessary tirade and gone straight for the pictures. For those who read through this, I thank you. :D

Pictures!
 Cloudy white and cloudy turquoise chinese crystal doughnuts and the occasional chinese knot link form the chain of the bracelet. The crystals are cloudy - hence my strong strong temptation to name this piece Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.
 An ode to friendship -- those who will share all the love and all the joy you experience in this life, and will be there, come rain or come shine. Hence the umbrella charm. If that wasn't apparent. :p Rihanna's overplayed pop ditty makes the same point about friendship - You Can Stand Under My Umbrella-ella-ella-eh-eh-eh.
 The cloudy white and turquoise crystals have a lovely opaque quality about them, which doesn't come out nicely in the pictures above. Here, have a picture of the bracelet against a silver background:


Item Code & Name: 102 English Rain
Price: RM17.00 SALE: RM12 only (30% off, while item remains Available)
Status: Available
Materials: Cloudy White and Cloudy Turquoise Chinese Crystal Doughnuts, Chinese Knot Links, Love Charm, Umbrella Charm, Friends-Butterfly Charm, Joy Charm
Measurements: Approximately 18cm (including clasp) + 2.5cm extender chain

   
Do email me at daintylittletrinkets@gmail.com for orders/enquiries/general nonsense.

Now go listen to the mellifluous tones of Gabrielle Aplin - here's the album sampler for English Rain:


'Cause they say home 
- is where your heart is set in stone
- is where you go when you're alone
- is where you go to rest your bones
It's not just where you lay your head
It's not just where you make your bed
As long as we're together, does it matter where we go?


Have a good week ahead, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment