Saturday 20 December 2014

For The Little One

This day, Saturday 20 December, is the day my little brother officially graduates with Honours and is released into the scary postgraduate world. I am currently away and have most likely just spent my Saturday morning being bored to tears by the graduation ceremony in some majestic-looking hall somewhere in Melbourne. With my luck, it will be 38 degrees like it was during his graduation last year. Oh the sweltering heat and the gaping hole in the ozone layer above Australia! *pengsan*

Anyway, since it is the little one's graduation date and all, this post is dedicated to him. (Also, he's at least a head taller than everyone else in my family, so he's not little at all. But once a little bro, always a little bro - I'm sure some of you can relate.)

My brother is as big of a Harry Potter fan as I am, so this is a plain and simple Deathly Hallows keychain to accompany him through his many more years away from home.
Unfortunately, this ain't available because I don't actually have any antique brass keychains available (I recycled this one from an existing trinket I had lying around). But if you're a fan of all things Harry Potter, never fear! Check out more stuff here!

Little one, I'll leave you with this quote from the indomitable, quirky and ever-wise Dumbledore:
'Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.'

Remember this as you face each challenge that comes your way.

I'm very proud of you.
 
Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment