Friday 31 May 2013

Aurorae

The Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) must be something to behold, huh? Imagine seeing the night sky before you transformed into this beautiful mirage of colours.


I love the colour gradient here - the hues of pink/blue/purple all blending into each other. How ethereal.

What am I trying to get at, anyway? Once upon a time in Hong Kong (nooo, not a grandma story again?!), I bought a pair of teardrop earrings because the colour gradient in them reminded me of the Northern Lights. ALAS, I lost one of them. The remaining one was too pretty to go to waste, so I converted it into a pendant, and voila!
 A pretty aurorae pendant adorned with a chain of little pink, blue and purple crystals. Pardon the weird look of the necklace in this picture. I am super terrible with my photoshopping skills - can't quite photoshop a pure white background properly (I don't do any touchups to the actual necklace, just the background).
The pendant up-close. How very lovely.

This is the first ever necklace I've created! Pretty happy with the outcome, can't wait to create more. :D

Status: Not Available
Materials: Pink, Blue and Purple Round Faceted Chinese Crystals, Aurorae Teardrop Pendant

No comments:

Post a Comment