Thursday 22 August 2013

Marauders

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

If the words above mean nothing to you, you are probably not going to find this post relevant or amusing. However, if you, like me, are a super-geeky fan of all things Harry Potter, please do read on. :)

This time I made a charm bracelet! A charm bracelet in tribute to my favourite Gryffindors. No, it's not the Harry-Hermione-Ron trio, though I do love them as well. It is the brave and valiant from a generation back, who lived in dark times and fought the dark lord, and were capable of great acts of sacrifice, loyalty and bravery. 

They were, of course, the Marauders.

I have not included Peter Pettigrew aka Wormtail, because:
1. BETRAYAL OF THE HIGHEST ORDER
2. Who would want a bracelet with a rat on it
3. BETRAYAL OF THE HIGHEST ORDER

Now that I've made myself clear, here you have it - a bracelet in tribute to the Marauders sans Wormtail, and with the inclusion of Lily Evans/Potter, Harry's beautiful, warm and courageous mother.
 Faux pearls in red and gold - the proud colours of Gryffindor, a "courage" bead - the house's key quality, and charms to represent each significant adult in Harry's life:
1. Wolf - Dear Moony, Remus Lupin, an amazing teacher and one of my favourite characters.
2. Dog - Padfoot, my other favourite, the dashing Sirius Black, whose loyalty knows no bounds
3. Stag - Prongs, James Potter, also brave beyond measure
4. Fleur de Lis (french for Lily) - Lily Evans, whose love and courage protected Harry from Voldemort's harm.
 A different view. I particularly love the wolf and stag charms.
I've just remembered that these were the 4 that appeared before Harry in the Forbidden Forest, right as he was going to walk to his death, in Book 7. They had all died by then, all sacrificed for the cause, for upholding good over evil. It was only with their strength and their encouragement that Harry could face that painful walk - not alone. *cries a thousand tears*
Item Code & Name: 074 Marauders
Price: RM23.00 
Status: [Sold], Available for remakes
Materials: Gold and Red Faux Pearls, Courage Bead, Wolf Charm, Dog Charm, Stag Charm, Fleur de Lis Charm, Toggle Clasp
Measurements: Approximately 18cm (including clasp) 

If you enjoy Harry Potter-themed accessories, do check out this link!
I shall end this post with a short and succint -
Mischief Managed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment