Tuesday 6 August 2013

Blue Blossoms | Dainty Little Flowers Collection: Part 1

I've been listening to a lot of sad songs lately. They get me feeling blueeeeeeeeee.

Ahem.

That was not the point of this post. (This happened because I am very suggestible, and the title of this post "blue" of course made me think of things that get me feeling blue, which of course meant I had to word-vomit like 100 words about it without getting to the point of this post. Anyway, this is not an analysis of my weird and random psyche, so I shall stop here).


This is the first time I'm introducing resin flower cabochons into one of my handmade creations, so I hope you like them as much as I've enjoyed conceptualising the designs and bringing them to life. First in the collection is a bracelet in varying shades of blue, which I've named Blue Blossoms.
 A dainty bracelet adorned with glittering aquamarine and sapphire crystals and shimmering pale blue and silver pearls. The focal point:  an azure blue rose cabochon on a celtic flower link, a sky blue flower cabochon on a flower-shaped filigree, connected to a daisy metal flower link.
Light, cool shades of silver and blue at each end of the bracelet, which in a gradient lead up to the warmer, richer blue tones in the centre.
Fun fact: One has to glue the resin flower cabochons onto the filigree links prior to attaching them to the bracelet, so there was a lot of squinting with my special pinpoint glue applicator and a lot of accidental glue sniffing on my part. Heehee. The glued-on cabochons are then left for 24 hours to set and dry, after which they are quite hard to yank off (I tried! But, y'know, don't try it. Don't tempt fate, as they say). 

Item Code & Name: 048 Blue Blossoms
Price: RM18.00
Status: [Sold], Available for remakes
Materials: Sapphire and Aquamarine Chinese Crystal Doughnuts, Pale Blue and Silver Faux Pearls, Rose and Flower Cabochons, Celtic Flower Link, Daisy Link, Flower-Shaped Filigree Link, Made with Love Charm
Measurements: Approximately 19cm (including clasp) + 3cm extender chain
Stay tuned for more accessories with little flowers on them, in different colours of the spectrum. :)
Next up - Lush Lavender.

Now back to my original point about sad songs - here's an absolutely lovely and devastating song, from one of my favourite TV shows - Smash.


Music. You made me hear such music. Without you here to guide me, I fear our song will fly away.
*cries*

No comments:

Post a Comment