Tuesday 20 August 2013

Desert Rose

One of the key things in accessory-making is making the designs that you love and feel passionate about. I won't be making chunky pandora-style jewelry anytime soon, because that's not my thing. ◡‿◡

However, the thing about always making trinkets you love is that you love them so much that you don't want to sell them! ♥‿♥ Haha. This post contains a set that I personally love and would love to keep for myself, but probably shouldn't, because I only have one neck and 2 wrists and 2 ears. So here I am, sharing it with you, in the hopes that you will love it to and want to buy it too. I can't be keeping everything for myself after all. ◕‿◕

On one of my recent bead-shopping-binges (the same one where I got the lampwork beads for these earrings), I came across these faux pearls in such a lovely dusty pink colour that I absolutely had to get them. There was no question about it. These tiny little things are soft blush/dusty-pink, and go well with a variety of pastel colours as well as earthy tones. The description on the pearls read "light sahara", which is why I'm naming this bracelet-necklace-earring set Desert Rose:
A medley of silver, light lavender and dusty pink faux pearls. 
Flower filigrees and cabochons represent that elusive rose that blooms in the desert, a dainty and lovely sight belying much inner strength and resilience - more than meets the eye.

Item Code & Name: SET013 Desert Rose
Price: RM31.00 (bracelet + earrings + necklace) - items can be sold separately, please look below.
Status: [Sold], Not Available
Materials: Please see below.
 The bracelet, you can say, is the centrepiece of the set, with a dainty violet rose cabochon as the focal point. I'd also like to point your attention to the lovely antique-looking heart-shaped toggle clasp at the end of the bracelet. So pretty! ♥‿♥

Item Code & Name: 071 Desert Rose (Bracelet)
Price: RM14.00 (bracelet only)
Status: [Sold], Not Available
Materials: Dusty Pink, Light Lavender and Silver Faux Pearls, Rose Cabochon, Flower Filigree Link, Antique Heart Toggle Clasp
Measurements: Approximately 17cm (including clasp)

 Thought the earrings should be something simple and classy, to complement the fancier styling of the bracelet and necklace. I'm quite tempted to make an array of simple pearl earrings like these in allllll the colours, so I can match them with all my outfits. Haha. Someday, someday.

Item Code & Name: 072 Desert Rose (Earrings)
Price: RM7.00 (earrings only)
Status: [Sold], Available for remakes
Materials: Dusty Pink, Light Lavender and Silver Faux Pearls
 The same combination of pearls, this time accompanied by smaller light purple pearls and flower links, and an intricate swirly flower filigree at the centre.

This necklace is a choker-style necklace, and so to be worn close to the neck, falling right at the clavicle.

Item Code & Name: 073 Desert Rose (Necklace)
Price: RM15.00 (necklace only)
Status: [Sold 2], Available for remakes
Materials: Dusty Pink, Light Lavender and Silver Faux Pearls, Flower Links, Flower Filigree
Measurements: Approximately 38cm (including clasp) + 4.5cm extender chain

If you'd like to purchase or have more questions, please feel free to email me at daintylittletrinkets@gmail.com.
I promise I don't bite! :)

To end, here's Sting's homage to the Desert Rose (metaphor for the exotic women in his life, perhaps. Heh) -
Sweet desert rose
Each of her veils, a secret promise
This desert flower
No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this

No comments:

Post a Comment