Tuesday 15 April 2014

Tears of Pearls

All these mixed emotions
We keep locked away like stolen pearls
Stolen pearl devotions 
We keep locked away from all the world

The evocative lyrics above are from a band that I have loved for a very long time - Savage Garden. In fact, one can say they were my first love affair with music - they were the very first band that I watched in concert, and at the height of their awesomeness, they epitomized pop music - energetic beats, well-written lyrics, catchy melodies. The pop music of that era is so different from what you hear on the radio these days, and Savage Garden songs will never fail to make me nostalgic. 

Tears of Pearls is one of my favourites, for reasons that I cannot articulate. They happen to be quite fitting for a pair of earrings I've made, as they have crystal teardrops and pearls. Tears of Pearls, get it? Haha (I know I'm the only one laughing :p)

 A pair of earrings that exude class and style - first a lone silver pearl, then cascading silver-clear chinese crystals and chinese crystal teardrops, ending with a dark silver pearl.
Item Code & Name: 209 Tears of Pearls 
Price: RM9.00
Status: [Sold], Available for remakes
Materials: Silver & Dark Silver Faux Pearls, Silver-Clear & Silver-Black Chinese Crystal Doughnuts, Silver-Clear Chinese Crystal Teardrops

Find out how to order here

Now go listen to this catchy but somewhat melancholic pop song from a bygone era:

We twist and turn where angels burn
Like fallen soldiers we will learn
That once forgotten, twice removed
Love will be the death...
The death of you

No comments:

Post a Comment