Thursday 11 July 2013

The Golden Snitch

Before I begin, I need to preface this post with a huge, blinking GEEK ALERT sign. :p

I have been a huge fan of Harry Potter since time immemorial, and have absolutely loved immersing myself in that rich universe of magic, mystery and intrigue. I have loved both the books and the movies, and grieved with the characters as they lost loved ones and faced insurmountable odds, and rejoiced with them as good ultimately triumphed over evil.  You could say that the series has been one of the hallmarks of my youth.

Loving Harry Potter like I do, it gave me great joy (and much fannish delight) to make the following bracelet - a tribute, if you will, to the wonderful world of Harry Potter. I must confess that this design is all over the Internet, so it is hardly my original idea, but I hope you like it anyway!
 That elusive golden snitch, almost too fast to catch and always the deal-breaker in many a Quidditch game. 
Also, with a special appearance from Hedwig, our very favourite owl. 
Isn't this owl charm the CUTEST EVER? I saw it and absolutely had to get it. ^^
*moment of silence for Hedwig's tragic death in Deathly Hallows*
Item Code & Name: 040 The Golden Snitch
Price: RM12
Status: [Sold 4], Available for remakes
Materials: Gold Faux Pearl, Antique Silver-Plated Wing Charms, Toggle Clasp
Measurements: Approximately 18cm (including clasp)

So, calling all Harry Potter fans - why not grab a little keepsake to remind you of this magical realm? It is only an email away! :D Please drop me a line at daintylittletrinkets@gmail.com if interested!

Tonight I shall dream of soaring high on the back of a Hungarian Horntail, of the magnificent snow-capped Hogwarts castle, of Platform 9 and 3 quarters, of Butterbeer, of Mischief Managed, of Messrs Moony, Padfoot and Prongs (yes, I left Wormtail out on purpose), of green eyes and lightning bolts, of centaurs and thestrals, of love and courage and loyalty and sacrifice.

Speaking of the Marauders, would anyone fancy a charm bracelet that represents them? I've been toying with the idea of a Gryffindor/Marauders charm bracelet... :D 
(I'm a Ravenclaw though. Ravenclaw pride ALL THE WAY!)

For other Harry Potter-inspired accessories, please click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment